Steps to become USMCA Certified:
STEP 1: Register on the USMCA Learning Portal, Canvas LMS.
- Register by clicking here: Dirt Bike or Sport Bike, or clicking the “Enroll Now” button at the bottom of this email.
- If you need more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 2: Apply for a *Background Check.
- Takes approximately 5 minutes to submit. Please allow 4-6 business days for processing. Cost is $18.50.
- For this step, we will notify you via the USMCA Learning Portal, Canvas LMS, once your screening has cleared. You may then move on to STEP 3.
STEP 3: Upload or obtain *CPR/First Aid Certification.
- If using our recommended National CPR Foundation, it will take 25 minutes to complete online and costs $20.95.
STEP 4: Upload or obtain *SSI ConcussionWise, HeatWise & CardiacWise certificates.
- Takes approximately 2 & 1/2 hours to complete online and costs $14.99.
STEP 5: Complete USMCA Core Content Assignments & Quizzes on the USMCA Learning Platform, Canvas LMS.
- Takes approximately 4-5 hours to complete.
STEP 6: Pay USMCA $99** Certification Fee.
- The Certification is valid for 2 years from the date of USMCA Certification.
STEP 7: MUST attend a USMCA Workshop and complete an in-field evaluation.
- Workshops are typically 1-day (8 hours/day) or 2-day (4 hours/day) events at a track or range where the Coaching candidate will be evaluated on their coaching practice with a rider, and to certify that the coaching candidate’s communication and beliefs align with the USMCA’s purpose and code of conduct. If a coach does not pass the evaluation, they are provided with feedback and guidance on how to improve areas that did not meet the USMCA’s standards.
- The USMCA Workshop schedule will be announced in April and will be published on http://usmca.org/schedule/
Following completion of all steps listed above, you will receive a letter of Certification, an offer to obtain K&K Liability Insurance through USMCA’s 2019 policy and an opportunity to build your coaching profile on the USMCA’s forward-facing coaching network platform, MotorcycleCoaching.org.
COST & TIME TO BECOME USMCA CERTIFIED:
- The total cost of certification (including prerequisites) is approximately $154.00.
- The total time commitment for online USMCA Certification process: Can be completed in as little as one week.
Breakdown of Costs Associated with Becoming USMCA Certified:
- Background Check: $18.50* (Domestic) & $75.00* (International)
- Sport Safety International Certifications: $14.99*
- CPR/First Aid: $20.95*
- USMCA Payment: $99.00* subsidized rate for early adopters
*Prices subject to change.
- Certification Rate is subject to change. The $99.00 is a subsidized rate for early adopters.