Steps to become a USMCA Certified Coach:
- Register on Canvas LMS – Click on button below to start your certification
- Apply for *Background Check (Approx 5 mins to submit, allowing 4-6 business days for processing)
- Complete *CPR/First Aid Certification. Note: CPR/First Aid cert must be up to American Red Cross or American Heart Association guidelines & standards.
- Complete *SSI ConcussionWise, HeatWise & CardiacWise Course and upload the three certificates into Canvas LMS (Approx. 2 & 1/2 hours to complete online.)
- Complete USMCA “Core Content” (Approx 4-5 hours to complete. Lesson 1-4 Assignments & Quizzes)
- Pay USMCA $99 Certification Fee. Valid for 12 months from the date of certification.
- Complete an in-field evaluation at an upcoming workshop, or obtain approval from two or more current USMCA Board members.
- Receive Letter of Certification, USMCA Certified Coach Diploma and offer to obtain K&K Liability Insurance through USMCA’s policy.
Prerequisites noted with an *asterisk.
- The total cost of Certification (including *prerequisites): Approx. $200.00
- The total time commitment for USMCA Certification: Can be completed over one week.